Professional and Technical Communication

 Exercise 3

Dear Joe
This is to inform you that the order of 1070 shirts that you have placed with our garment making company is behind schedule as we were not getting the exact shade of the cloth that you had ordered. Hence I would request you to kindly extend the deadline from Sunday, 28th March 2010 to Wednesday, 31st March 2010. I assure you that there will be no further delays.
Warm Regards

Peter

In the above mentioned case, I think the client can grant the request by strongly letting the vendor know that further delays if any would have negative repercussions.  It has been rightly pointed out in Gadgetopia that Email is a historical record of what happened. (para. 6) Hence if Peter asks for further extension of time, Joe can even ask for cancellation of the order or compensation for the delay based on his last mail to Peter which would work as the testimony of the condition he had laid while granting Peters request. Besides, email is one of the fastest modes of communication. According to Capozzi, Email helps businesses convey information faster and easier than before, emails reduce costs, and they keep track of past conversations. (para.1) With so many benefits it would be the best method of communication in the above mentioned urgent situation.

Exercise 2

The purpose of this report is to discuss the choice that I made between enrolling in an Australian and American university for my bachelors degree program. At the time of making the decision, recession was underway and the American dollar seemed stronger than the Australian dollar. I compared my overall cost of studying and staying in both the countries and chose Australia over America.

My biggest mistake was that I did not scrutinize the context in which I was making such a critical decision. I did not study the various factors related to the world economy while comparing the economic conditions of two countries. Hence after a year of my taking admission in Australia the whole economic scenario has changed. Recession has resurfaced. Now, living and studying in Australia has become as expensive as living and studying in USA. My decision looks immature and faulty.  If I had known the actual scenario, I would have incorporated a well-informed decision-making process and my choice of destination would not have been Australia, rather America.

 If only I would have been aware of the surrounding circumstances, I would have handled the situation differently.

0 comments:

Post a Comment