Personal reflective leadership plan

Leadership effectualness is the major goal of all leaders. Leadership is all about integrity, mission, vision and principles. It is the ultimate power to be in a position whereby you can motivate other people through your deeds and words. Ethical leadership is motivating other people ethically in ethical directions. Leadership is all about knowing your main values and having the impudence to live up to the common good service. By having an effective leadership plan one is in a good position to come up with divergent styles of leadership and theories to apply. This paper will seek to prepare my personal leadership plan as my major mission to become an effective leader of an organization. I will hence analyze all the necessities of my target job in relation to my skills and ability including my weaknesses and strengths. Therefore I will make a reflective plan on how I will take advantage of my opportunities and strengths and how I will correct my weaknesses in attaining a leadership position.
My goal, deficiencies, requirements and strategies

The main goal of my plan is to attain the managerial position of a pricing analyst that requires me to have ingenuity, strong skills of analysis in order to offer rational solutions to some of the conflicts since conflicts are inevitable. The position also needs a person who has excellent communication skills and strong mathematical ability. I also need to possess values that are resourceful, organizational skills as well as the aptitude to coordinate some activities in the organization. The position also requires one to have demonstrated skills and ability in order to work under pressure and help the employees meet the deadlines. It further needs having aptitude to adapt to some of the changes in the organization and multitask and one to have a keen and exemplary attention pertaining trivial details and skills to solve problems. This will require workers who are patient and who are not ready to give up easily.

Leadership theories that I will apply
I will apply situational leadership theory (Waller, Smith  Warnock. 1989, pp.2335-41).  This theory affirms that effectual leadership requires management and leadership. Leaders should use the right style for them to have an insight to their followers. They must delegate, direct, coach and support their followers (Peter  David, 1993, pp.303).  An effective leader should lead others in the right direction and be a good role model for them to emulate.

I will also employ the motivational theory (Richard, pp.234) Leaders should work to meet their followers needs and reward successful workers. The main job of a leader in the workplace is to make sure everything is in order and employees are working accordingly. For this to happen, the manager should be in a position to motivate their employees. Apart from the fact that there are benefits as well as moral values in treating your colleagues as you would like to be treated and according them the respect that they deserve, research also shows that well motivated and happy employees are more creative and productive too (David, 1987, pp. 32). I will work to ensure that my employees are motivated and they feel responsible and successful in their work. This is important since an employee ought to feel connected to the work they perform. There will be rewards as well as punishments which will help in making sure effective work is done and everybody is happy. According to the utilitarian theory it is important for leaders to behave morally and to make sure employees enjoy their job with pleasure and in absence of twinge (John, 1980, pp. 115-133).

The other theory that I will use is the relationships theories and mainly the transformational theory (Bernard  Ronald, 2006). Transformational leaders should inspire and motivate their workers by helping them to see the relevance of the job they are doing. I will focus on the performance of various departments and groups and make sure that everybody concerned fulfils their potential. Effectual leadership should be based on enthusing and inspiring the subordinates with a vision for them to become committed. Transformational leaders should offer rewards of compliance as well as moral rewards to the employees.  A transformational leader always gains respect from his or her subordinates if he employ the right strategies using the concept of influence, consideration, motivation and intellectual stimulation.

Leadership strengths
My strengths as far as leadership is concerned include the fact that I am a good communicator. I am able to execute tasks and come up with a brilliant idea using the right communication strategies. I am creative and this will help me to come up with brilliant ideas that will help my organization. I am also a good listener and I will incorporate the ideas of other people in order to be successful and have an effective relationship with them. I do not believe in being a dictator hence I believe in listening to people as they air their views.

I also accept my own mistakes without laying blames. If success is to be shared, failures also need to be shared too. I am social and quite approachable thus I cope well with people. I am influencing and this will help me influence others towards achieving the main goals of the organization. I am intelligent and able to argue rationally without creating controversy for the good of everybody. I respond positively to success and since am charismatic I will motivate my followers who have enabled success to be registered.

Leadership weakness
My major weakness is that am not patient. I always aim for success and I do not believe in waiting for long.  This usually poses a big problem since I end up giving up if nothing is done promptly. Patience is quite crucial in any successful leadership (Brent, 2005, pp. 173).

Gap between the leader now and the leader to be
Being patient and acquiring the leadership skills is a gap that will need my intervention urgently. I will learn more on leadership and employ some models as I interact with some of the influential leaders.

Implementation strategies
I will undertake a study in psychology on how to be patient. This would call for my dedication and a need to be motivated by my future ambitions. It will take a period of five months to slot in a patient behavior. I will learn more on leadership and models that ought to be cultivated in any successful organization. This will take roughly one year as I also learn how to handle crisis and to deal with my followers. I will also consult experts and successful leaders and learn more from them on their leadership styles. I will also need feedback from prominent organizations employees on what they think a good leader comprise of. I will hence incorporate these ideas in my organization and be the best I can be. I will use my strengths in order to influence others to follow my strategy. I will walk the talk and be a role model to my followers as we all enjoy success. I will be loyal to my organization, colleagues and my followers and practice total commitment.

Conclusion
An effective leader is usually a person who has a mission and a passion for causes that are vast than them. They are people with visions and dreams that are meant to better the community and the entire nation. Leadership is simply values. A leader should have values that are exceptional. They ought to be creative, intelligent, humble, confident, excellent communicators, good planners and have interpersonal skills. This leadership reflective plan will be my guide in achieving my objectives professionally.          

0 comments:

Post a Comment