Conflict Analysis

Part 1

1.a.
My sister and I got into a big fight long ago before I went to college. They were arguing about my sisters boyfriend. My mother disagrees with the guy that my sister was dating back then. My mother said that she was just trying to protect my sister and sister claimed that my mother is being overprotective. Their relationship prevented worst outcomes like my sister running away.

1.b.
It happened one night at our house when my sister went home a little late from a date with her boyfriend. I think that my mother planned to talk my sister out of it for she was waiting patiently for my sister. My sister, however, was shocked on my mothers reaction against her boyfriend.

1.c.
My mother and sister got into one of their biggest fight. However, due to their relationship, it was discreet. The conflict is one of the turning points of their relationship.

1.d.
The problem was my mothers disapproval to my sisters relationship. My mother do not like the guy my sister is dating and she planned to talk my sister of breaking up with this guy.

1.e.
However, the main problem was my sisters rebellious attitude. Ever since we were little my sister has this rebellious nature and ignore my mothers desires for her. My mother commented that my sister is doing her own ways and neglecting my mothers advices and wishes.

1.f.
The two argued for a few hours through exchange of heated discourse. The conflict management strategy applied is avoiding wherein there are no losers and no winners. My sister walked out and went to her room. My mom was calling her but there was no response. 1.g.
No one win in the situation. Both of them are losers since the conflict left unresolved. Moreover, the conflict caused a gap between my sister and mothers relationship. They did not talk to each other for weeks then.

1.h.
There are things that can be changed and will also change the outcome of the conflict. These are if my sister just followed what our mother said and my mothers approach in attempting to resolve the conflict. My mother could talked my sister out of it in another way. My sister could have asked about my mothers disapproval and can compromise with her. My mother could have talked to my sister in different manner that will persuade my sister that he is not the right guy.

Part 2.

2.a.
I learned that there are different conflict management strategies that can be applied in every situation that can give you your desired outcome. These conflict management strategies are helpful in resolving the problem and maintaining or improving the relationship between the two participants.

2.b.
I also learned in this activity that analyzing the situation is very important in the application of the different conflict management strategies. In assessing the situation, you can formulate the best conflict management strategy that will give you the best result.

0 comments:

Post a Comment