Writing Phase 2 DB 2

The situation at hand is that two people have submitted near identical articles for proofreading.  The first thing that needs to be done is to perform a better verification, provided that it would not consume too much of my resources including time and effort.  This step is unnecessary if the log suffices as an acceptable verification.  Nevertheless, the idea behind performing a verification is to ensure that a fundamental mistake in judgment has not been done from my perspective.  Once a verification is performed, it can be assured whether it is the same article with slight adjustment made by either the senior engineer or the first-year engineer, or, both people have extracted the article from some original archiverepository and then adjusted.  Checking the latter, however, may take additional time for me still, it will aid to reach in a better decision as to what has happened.  Moreover, it will help in evading possible ramifications, either legal or ethical, for mistakenly reporting against a person. Once the person who has done the mistake is found out, I can proceed to decide what actions that I should take.

Once the person who did the mistake is found out, I should be either informing the person directly or my immediate boss.  The decision is largely dependant upon how critical and confidential the article is.  It poses as an ethical issue to report to my boss if the article is less confidential, while I had all the liberty to inform the person in goodwill, because there is every chance that heshe was unaware of the seriousness of the mistake heshe has committed.  It also can cause problems in my stance as an employee especially if it helps to work in friendly manner across all related positions.  Furthermore, I would not be directly talking to my boss, if any strict legal actions that heyshe takes can have an unintentional, bad impact on either the first-year engineer, senior engineer or maybe both.  In such a case, I would rather be speaking to the person directly and confidentially.  However, if this is not the first occurrence of such a situation involved with the same person(s), I will be compelled to inform the boss to whom I report.  It should help me to refer to the organizational code of conduct plus records of previous situations with similar incidents and the actions taken then and their outcomes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment